Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Remove "All Categories"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Colette Lane

I am using Ajax to show results and want to remove the “All Categories” item or limit it to the categories I am using. I’ve excluded all categories except for the ones I am using. You can see what happens here: http://dev.workforcesoftware.com/clients/

Ross Moderator

Hey Colette

As per the other email, there will be a restrict option coming in an update soon.

If you were to say restrict your results to say 3 categories, would the “all categories” option be ok, if it searched only in these 3 categories?

To remove the “all categories” option completely is more work and won’t necessarily be in the same update.

Thanks

Colette Lane

Yes that would be a fantastic update. I also would suggest to instead of “exclude” categories, it should be “include” so you could use less category ids. My thinking is that most people would want to use a parent/child category selection to filter results. Example Client parent category with Industry Type as children, e.g. Manufacturing, Retail, etc.

Ross Moderator

Hey Colette

This is another feature request from several other users 😉 I want to add an option so that you can have “include” or “exclude” – that would be ideal 🙂

I’ll see where I can get to this weekend, and any new features that didn’t make it will be coming soon for sure!

Thanks

Jay Hartwell

Hey Ross – Is there an update on the include feature? It would be great to narrow in only on a few categories for filtering. I have a lot of categories and continually add categories that I do not want to go back and exclude from a specific filter/section on my site. Thanks! jay

Ross Moderator

Hey Jay, I’ve begun work on this feature, but its actually quite a big job – wiring in an easy to use admin UI is tricky, especially with so many variables

I’d say by next weekend it would be complete.

Ross Moderator

Hey both, this feature has now been added – there is a settings panel where you can include/exclude categories, tags and taxonomies 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.