Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General Refund Request…

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Brian Jester

Hi,

I really do apologize for asking for a refund, but I have started a topic on the appthemes.com support forum in regards to a filtering system for classipress, (my username there is: brianjester) and I have spoken with user by the name of “rinserepeat” had suggested your plugin to do what I needed, which is to filter posts and classified ads from the classipress theme (as classipress doesn’t have the option to filter these, just enable or disable them (which either shows all posts and ads together in the same results, or no posts, just classified ads). It seems your plugin does not work with classipress without some sort of changes / modifications in the code, and that is not what I was expecting with your plugin. I have several other plugins that require me to keep in contact with other support representatives on other sites, this was something I was hoping for an out of the box solution, without any customization needed to fulfill my needs. Unless I have completely missed something obvious in your plugin (that you can point out to me), I would appreciate a full refund as I have no use for this plugin as I am not a coder, and have already put myself into harms way as far as coding goes. This is why I am asking you for my refund within minutes after the purchase.

Sorry if this has caused an inconvenience.
    Brian J.

Ross Moderator

Hi Brian

Please see the docs here and follow the tutorial “a quick tutorial”:

http://www.designsandcode.com/wordpress-plugins/search-filter-pro/docs/display-results/with-a-shortcode/

S&F should work with any theme using this method.

To get it to work with a custom template in your theme can have varying levels of difficulty depending on how your theme is setup and how closely they follow WP standards.

See an outline of the two different methods for integrating your results with your theme here:
    http://www.designsandcode.com/wordpress-plugins/search-filter-pro/docs/display-results/

In addition, do you have any links to the information provided by rinserepeat so I can see whats going on?

Unfortunately, as with many plugins, integration can’t always be 100% automatic and 100% perfect – the nature of WP and its many themes and plugins means often there will be guides or information on how to get setup – or support – to expect to do no customisation and also expect complete integration with your theme is a very high expectation, and is something that very few plugins are able to do, and even less so with complex plugins (such as Search plugins 😉 )

Thanks

Brian Jester
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Brian Jester
    Ross Moderator

Thanks Brian will try to take a look tonight.

Did you try my suggestion above? Can you follow the tutorial and send me a link – I think you will find it is working.

Thanks

Brian Jester
    Ross Moderator

Hi Brian

As above, I provided you with the instructions to get setup – let me know if this works for you or not?

If this works, then there really is no need for any further investigation.

Let me know once you’ve followed the above and please provide a link to this page with the search form on it.

In addition, I will take a look at the info you provided to see if there are other/better ways of integrating however I’m extremely busy at the moment finishing off S&F 2.0 – so I will try to look when I can, or will do so immediately if the above does not work for you.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Refund Request…’ is closed to new replies.