Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Range – Number meta key?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Klaassen

Hello,

I am creating a design database and i want to insert the design price. It would be great if users could insert their min-budget and max-budget. How do i add these prices in the posts… and how do i let it index the posts?

Klaassen

Something like a star rating system like the demo

Trevor Moderator

If you do not have a custom field for price, you should first create one. This (free) plugin will enable you to do that:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/

Remember, the field data must contain ONLY numbers, decimal points are allowed, but not thousands separators nor currency symbols nor any other text).

Klaassen

Thanks, is there a tutorial available that explains how the star rating system is made on the demo site?

Trevor Moderator

I suspect that it uses hand coding of the theme. Your needs would be different. Do you have a visual concept of what you need, or a detailed proposal? I can then help you specifically with what you need.

Klaassen

The idea
    meta key

I made some illustrations to give you an idea.

Klaassen

meta key

the other image did not upload

Klaassen

i’m sorry it still didnt work

Trevor Moderator

Ah, I see the issue. Some site data re-design is necessary. Categories/Tags/Taxonomies can only contain textual data, and so cannot be filtered as numbers. This is a restriction of WordPress. As I said in an earlier post, you must make a budget custom field (post meta) instead, and transfer the data across. Then it will allow you to select the field (note, if you use ACF, pick the meta key name that does NOT start with an underscore).

Klaassen

Alright, thank you Trevor! I will try this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Range – Number meta key?’ is closed to new replies.