Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Product property (taxonomy) checkbox sort order

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • dotMiller – Stijn

Hi,

I can’t seem to find the right sort order for the filter terms in a WooCommerce product property (taxonomy).

I rearranged the property order manually (custom – default woocommerce functionality) but the order of the checkboxes doesnt change in the filter on frontend.

Is there a way to use a filter/hook to order them like they’re ordered in the backend?

Thanks

Trevor Moderator

Not as such. If data terms are stored as a taxonomy (product category is a taxonomy), they cannot be sorted, as taxonomy data are stored as serialized data (multiple terms, like an array) per post (which term in the array would you sort by?). Even if only one term per post is used, WordPress still stores them like this.

You MIGHT be able to do what you want with PHP, but I am not sure if it is possible. You would have to use that PHP in this filter:

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/action-filter-reference/#filter-input-object

dotMiller – Stijn

OK, too bad as you can rearrange them by drag & drop in the wordpress (woocommerce) backend I would think the order is stored somewhere 🙂

Any way to custom order? It’s only four items so not a lot of work…not ideal but ok for now.

dotMiller – Stijn

(I mean four categories)

Trevor Moderator

There isn’t any other way, sorry.

dotMiller – Stijn

OK, no problem.

Any way I can try and contribute? I believe I wont be the only one with this question 🙂

Trevor Moderator

I do not know if a feature like this will be developed in V3, but for now we are not adding features to V2.

dotMiller – Stijn

What filter can I use to add data property or edit the html of the checkbox list?

That way I can add sort order and sort with jQuery…

Example: http://jsfiddle.net/Afbrt/

Trevor Moderator

I am sorry, but we do not have a hook/filter for that. As with many other feature enhancements, it is coming with V3.

dotMiller – Stijn

OK, good luck.

I’ll be happy to contribute.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Product property (taxonomy) checkbox sort order’ is closed to new replies.