Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Problem with taxonomy filter, checkboxes not populated

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • stefan

I have created a search form UI with a single taxonomy field and a submit button. The taxonomy is “Product Categories” (using with woocommerce) and the input type is checkbox. This form is placed in a sidebar widget on the frontend. The filter is working correctly, when checking categories I get the correct result. However, the checkboxes for the categories selected to not remain checked on the result page (I am not using ajax).
    The result URL looks like this: /product-category/lorem/ipsum/?sfid=2305 where lorem is a parent category of ipsum.
    Any idea why this is?

Ross Moderator

Hey Stefan, I think there was a typo above?

Should this:

however, the checkboxes for the categories selected to not remain checked on the result page (I am not using ajax).

be:

however, the checkboxes for the categories selected do not remain checked on the result page (I am not using ajax).

If so then this is a feature I have just completed! It will retain the last search in the search form even when clicking through on to say a product page (or any result).

The free version of this plugin kind of did this, but not very effectively, so in essence this was removed in the pro version and has now been re implemented for the latest update.

Let me know if the above makes sense, I can send you the latest version to test if you like (I’m testing it now before official release).

Thanks

stefan

Hi Ross

You’re right, that was a typo. I would very much like the latest version with this feature for testing, thanks a lot

Ross Moderator

Email landing in your inbox in 5 mins 😉 check the settings box for a new option which should help with this.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

stefan

Hi Ross

Thanks for this. The checkboxes now maintain their selection correctly. However, the filter just returns all blog posts (no products). The filter is configured to only return products.

Ross Moderator

Hey Stefan do you have a link I could look at?

Thanks

stefan
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator
    stefan
    Ross Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.