Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Post Meta Granular Field Relationship AND / OR Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Brian Brown

Hello,

I have a question that I hope is not too difficult to answer. 🙂

Here is my scenario:

• I have a S&F pro search setup that searches multiple Multi-select fields populated by post meta data (acf field- s).
    • I see where I can control the relationship between each of the choices operator as “AND”/”OR”.
    • I and see the setting for “Field relationships” in the General Settings tab for “AND”/”OR”.

My question is: Is there a way to get more granular control over each field relationship? So for instance could I somehow change the query string or filter the output to allow the first 2 multi-select fields be related by AND then the 3rd multi-select field to be related by OR? Instead of just generally setting all fields to “AND”/”OR”?

Could I use the Filter Input Object or Edit Query Arguments filters to accomplish this?

Thanks!
    -BB

Trevor Moderator

I think it might be possible using the Edit Query Arguments filter to do this. I do not recall a user asking this and achieving it, so I am unsure there are any snippets you might use, but a working knowledge of how WordPress structures its arguments would be need to code this yourself. This search would likely yield any snippets posted in our forum:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/search/sf_edit_query_args/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.