Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Post in Search page

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Trevor Moderator

Ah, I think I see. He is saying that $post is the entire post array of data, so …

add_action('multilingualpress.metabox_after_update_remote_post', 'mlpress_post_saved', 10, 2);

function mlpress_post_saved($relationshipContext, $post) {
        $post_ID = $post->ID;
        do_action('search_filter_update_post_cache', $post_ID);
    }

So, that, from what they say, should work.

You should be using a child theme, and place that code at the end (on a new line) of the functions.php file you would find i the child theme folder.

Then test it by importing a post and see if it appeared in the search results.

Pauline Nava

For the moment it seems that it works even if I didn’t add this code. Do I let like it is or do I have to change something? Because I don’t think that a use a child theme. Thanks

add_action(‘multilingualpress.metabox_after_update_remote_post’, ‘mlpress_post_saved’, 10, 2);

$post_ID = $post->ID;
    do_action(‘search_filter_update_post_cache’, $post_ID);

Trevor Moderator

Be careful if you do not use a child theme. any files you edit, such as the functions.php file and the style.css file (and any template files you make or edit), will be overwritten and lost with new versions if you update the theme. Using a child theme avoids this.

Also be careful copying code from our forum. You will notice that I post code inside a code box in the posts(use a back tick before and after the code)? Code you see in an open post and in emails will have been altered (characters changed), so be wary.

Pauline Nava

Thank you for the advice. I created the themify-shoppe-child folder with style.css and functions.php files.
    The content of functions.php is: (and looks like it’s working!). Thanks.

<?php
    /**
    ** activation theme
    **/
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles' );
    function theme_enqueue_styles() {
     wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() . 'https://cdn2.wpformation.com/style.css' );

}
    add_action('multilingualpress.metabox_after_update_remote_post', 'mlpress_post_saved', 10, 2);

$post_ID = $post->ID;
        do_action('search_filter_update_post_cache', $post_ID);
    }
    Trevor Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Post in Search page’ is closed to new replies.