Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Portfolio page in Salient theme

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ton Damen

Hi,

I’m trying to combine a portfolio page I build in the Salient Theme with your excellent plug-in. I used project-categories for the main search able option and wanted your plugin to filter bases on project-attributes and/or tags within the search result. Somehow I don’t seem to get the form to work within the portfolio page. Could you enlighten me?

Kind regards. Ton

Under construction at http://www.hierstaat.nl/tentvoortalent/?page_id=2

Ross Moderator

Hey Ton

This looks like some custom filtering which I do not think the plugin will integrate with…

Basically, the plugin uses the main query to filter the results, and this page you sent me looks like it is using its own custom query… This plugin cannot seamlessly integrate with custom JS code from another developer – there will of course be some work required on your part or I can do some custom work for you?

I’ll try highlight the basic steps you need to take…

1) In S&F settings, enter a slug for your search results – which will also become your search page… If you entered “search-results” as your slug then now your search page is
    http://www.hierstaat.nl/tentvoortalent/search-results
    Use this URL for testing and for searching…

2) This page will likely not look like the portfolio page… To use the same layout as the portfolio page, you need to first:

1. Find out the template that is being used from your portfolio page (for example portfolio-layout.php
    2. Copy portfolio-layout.php and call it something else, like search-layout.php
    3. Now, in S&F settings, under custom template, enter search-layout.php

Now when opening your search results page (http://www.hierstaat.nl/tentvoortalent/search-results) you should have the layout you desire?

I think now you will be at a stage, where the layout looks right when performing searches, BUT the searches are not correct.

This is because your new template file (search-layout.php) is still using a custom query – we need to make it use the main WP query…

Let me know when you are here and I will help you with the next steps 🙂

Ton Damen

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your reply. I made a copy of the PHP file en renamed. Put in in place and called it from the settings in a form. After saving the form I wanted to check, but going back to S&F I the form I just made disappeared from the list. I repeated it for second time, but after saving and going back to the settings the form(s) keep disappearing..

Ton

Ross Moderator

Hey Ton can you send me your login details?

Thanks

Ton Damen
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ton Damen

Did you receive the details on the login?

Ross Moderator

Hey Ton don’t know what happened, I didn’t get the notification – I’m looking now 🙂

Ross Moderator

Just had a look.. very strange,

When you publish a form everything is ok, but then when you edit an update the form loses its post type and goes to a regular post…

I think this is another plugin you have conflicting and taking over the saving/updating process of the search form.

Basically, the search form is a custom post type –search-filter-widget

Do you have any code that messes with CPTs?

Ross Moderator

Hey Ton hows it going?

I had another user report this issue and it was to do with the plugin Custom Post Type switcher…

There is a filter to exclude post types I believe so ensure you exclude the post type search-filter-widget and you should be good to go!

Let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.