Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General Not reloading on search result page

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Michelle

Hi, I love this plugin. The issue I’m having is for http://www.suncoastlifelonglearning.org/

The initial search works great. I am using the shortcode to add it to the sidebar. You’ll see it’s not visible on search result pages because that’s where it doesn’t work. Can you tell me how I can get the search to work on search result pages?

Trevor Moderator

Did you edit the home page template or use Appearance -> Widgets to put it there it does your theme have an area in the sidebar to put the shortcode?

Michelle

I am using the shortcode on the homepage page template as well as in a widget.

Trevor Moderator

What Results Display method does the form use?

Michelle

Results method is set to “As an Archive”

Trevor Moderator

Ah, OK, does your them have a template file called search.php? In that you need to edit and place the form shortcode in the sidebar (probably as a php do_shortcode function line).

Michelle

Ok, I’ll try that.

Michelle

Clicking the submit button doesn’t reload the page when it’s on a search result page.

Trevor Moderator

Let me know if you get it fixed and if I can close the thread?

Michelle

This is the purpose of this thread. I submit a search, then when I’m on a search result page and attempt to initiate another search from that location, it does not reload to the new search query.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Not reloading on search result page’ is closed to new replies.