Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Not given the option to update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ryan Canning

I was notified about the recent update the other day but I do not see any option to download it within WordPress despite having entered the license and clicked activate in the settings page. After activating, the settings page reloads but there is no recognition that the process has actually worked. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Ross Moderator

Hey Ryan, I checked the logs but it says you haven’t activated

Once activated your screen should look something like this:

http://snag.gy/qLOTf.jpg

Try copy & paste again, make sure there are no typos or whitespace, click save, then on the next reload click activate!

It sounds like you did all this but lets go over one more time seen as your not showing up as activated…

Let me know how you get on

Thanks

Ryan Canning

Hi Ross, I gave it another try but there’s still no response. I also tried entering it manually without copy/pasting it but the result was the same. Any other ideas? I can post my license key as a private reply if that would help.

Ross Moderator

Hey Ryan

Are you developing locally? Maybe there is some problem with your local setup connecting with our server to authenticate – possibly a firewall or something like CURL not enabled locally?

I’m emailing you the latest version now but this will not fix the problem for future updates…!

Ryan Canning

Ok, it’s working now!
    I’m using a LEMP stack on a VPS. Basically, cURL wasn’t configured, so all I had to do was type this in the command line:
    sudo apt-get install php5-curl

Unfortunately I now have an issue with updating. The update failed at the final stage with the dialog ‘Could not remove the old plugin.’. This sounds like an issue with permissions, however, other plugins I have installed via the WordPress interface still update as normal. Is there anything fundamentally different about the update process for a licensed plugin? Thanks again for your help so far.

Ross Moderator

Hey Ryan I don’t think there any differences especially in regards to permissions.

To be honest I’ve had that same problem happen to me with various plugins from time to time, or a fail to update – I’m hoping its just a one off but let me know if it happens again 🙂

If you want to test this theory you can install the original download, and update again, or just use the latest version I sent and wait for the next update (in the next couple of days).

Thanks

Ross Moderator

I have thought of one more option, when uploading via FTP there may be a permissions conflict with WP itself, so try uploading the zip through the dashboard rather than FTP and see if this helps

Ryan Canning

I’ve been uploading via FTP so I will try using the .zip method instead. Thanks for the advice!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.