Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Not getting results anymore

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Neal Burns

Hi Ross!

I’ve been stuck for the last hour trying to figure out what happened to my Search Filter. It was working properly yesterday, but I’m not sure if there is a conflict with some plugin or if it’s how I have the Search Form set up.

Also, I’d love to have the contents load using a custom template that I have created, though that is not the root of my problem. I had the results loading in search.php yesterday…

Here is a link to the page in question:
    http://realtor.fluidnrg.com/featured-listings/

Thank you very much!!!
    Neal

Ross Moderator

Hey Neal

The problem your getting is because you have JavaScript errors on your page, so the Ajax loading is not working properly…

A quick look at the JS console shows

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function custom.js:1
    [cycle] terminating; zero elements found by selector jquery.cycle.all.js?ver=3.9.1:28
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'textA' of null advanced-real-estate-mortgage-calculator.js?ver=3.9.1:5

Nice site btw! 🙂

Neal Burns

Thanks for the quick diagnosis Ross! Again, your support is unparalleled!

Neal Burns
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hi Neal I had a quick look…

A couple of things I noticed, you hadn’t selected custom template which is recommended for ajax, so I enabled this and submitted and worked ok but it didn’t work with Ajax still.

Can you think of anything that would make this stop working, when did you upgrade the plugin?

To be honest you have quite a lot of other plugins enabled, I would go try to disable all the other plugins and test again, it is quite strange for it to stop working from one day to the next – the way I see it something must have changed in your setup!

Thanks

Neal Burns

You nailed it!

I deactivated several plugins (I admit that I am using more than I usually feel comfortable with).

The plugin that was creating the Ajax loading problem is a widget appearance plugin called “Display Widgets.” It gives the ability to show which pages to include or omit any widget from a sidebar area.

I’ll try to find a work-around for using the “Display Widgets” plugin.

Thanks again Ross!

Ross Moderator

Hey Neal no worries

I’ve also experienced some issues with using the plugin “Post type switcher”, so I think because a search form is a custom post type that there are some conflicts – I’ll have a look to see if there is anything I can do to the plugin to “insulate” it from other plugins which work with custom post types but doubt there is much!

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.