Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro No submit button, no results

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kate Gilbert

I just upgraded to Search & Filter Pro and have my search form embedded on a page. There is no submit button and no results showing. I did not check to auto submit form. Why would this be happening? Thanks.

Ross Moderator

Hey Kate, a common problem when upgrading is that users sometimes do not disable the free version first – by any chance is this happening to you?

Let me know and send me a link if you would like me to take a look 🙂

Thanks

Kate Gilbert
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hey Kate, forgive me if I’m missing a trick here, but did you add a submit button to your form?

If you want to give me login details I’d be more than happy to poke around.

Thanks

Kate Gilbert

Hi Ross. I think that must be it, but I don’t see any instructions in your docs for how to add a submit button to the form. I have embedded the following shortcode:

[searchandfilter id=”1796″]

What do I add to show a submit button? I also want the page to show ALL RESULTS before filtering via the form, how do I achieve that?

Thanks!

Ross Moderator

Hey Kate, in the WP admin section, when you are creating your search form there is an “available field” called “submit button”, just like when you added a taxonomy to your form 🙂

Kate Gilbert

Hi Ross – I feel dumb for not seeing that before… Thanks. I added the submit button but still no results show. I also want the page to load with ALL results at the outset. What can I do to make this work? Thanks!

Ross Moderator

Hey Kate

Its really strange, clicking the submit button has no effect at all… I had another user with this issue but I can’t remember the problem, I think maybe it was because he was using a newer version of jQuery than the one shipped with WP (from another plugin).

I would recommend to do as you may have heard many times before – disable all other plugins and see if S&F is still having problems, if you are still having problems after this test do you want to send me your login details (or create me a temporary login) so I can take a look?

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.