Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Multiple Taxonomy filtering question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Eric Streller

Brand new user here. This is probably a pretty simple question but I’ve looked everywhere and can’t figure it out.

I have three drop downs fields in my first search form. What I would like is for the options to be narrowed down as selections are made in the first and second field. For reference, every page on my site will fall into three taxonomies. Let’s just use this as an example… Brand, Product Type, and Size would be my three fields.

So when a Brand is chosen in Field A, the Product Type field options would be narrowed down to just the product types that fit the brand selected in Field A. Then, after Product Type is selected, Field 3 will be narrowed down to Sizes that are available in both the Brand and Product type selected in the first two drop downs.

Hopefully that makes sense and feel free to let me know if any clarification is needed. Thanks for any help in advance!

Trevor Moderator

In the General settings tab:

Set Auto Count (both settings) to ON

And then in the Form UI:

In each field (filters 1 and 2) set Hide Empty to ON

Trevor Moderator

I would add that each form field must be a different taxonomy or custom field (you cannot use the same source twice in a form).

Eric Streller

Thanks Trevor! I really appreciate the response. Seeing you in here so responsive really goes a long way.

I did that check the boxes. Before, they showed all available options, but it didn’t filter them as the first choice was made and so on. They were just all there, all the time. Now, it show no available options in any of the boxes.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Eric Streller
    Trevor Moderator
    Eric Streller
    Trevor Moderator
    Trevor Moderator

I found an error on the ‘Post Meta’ settings tab (it had what I call an empty condition, which I have removed). Does it now work for you?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.