Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Merge Default WordPress Search with Search and Filter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)
  • Shiv Habib

I want to know how can I merge WordPress default search with your filter options. Or else how do I separate only the search bar from other filter options?

Trevor Moderator

You can typically change the single text search box in a header to use our plugin and point that to a search results page, but it then depends what you want to do on that results page. If, on that page, the header still has that text search box, and there is also a main (S&F) search form on the page, the two will not ‘talk’ to each other, but, as long as the main search form has a text search box also, when the page opens, it should detect the search term sent by the header text search box (now setup to use our plugin).

I would need to see the pages involved to be able to give more advice.

Shiv Habib

Hi Trevor,

This is the display page: https://demo.easydentalmarketing.com/masalaplate/recipes/

For example if I search a term on this page it goes to https://demo.easydentalmarketing.com/masalaplate/?s=beans

Now on this page, I want to use your plugin filters keeping the search term intact. But when I filter the search term is cleared or reset.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Shiv Habib

Said changes are done.

Trevor Moderator

Is the main theme search coded into a PHP template file? If so, could you share with me the PHP code for that?

Shiv Habib
    Trevor Moderator
    Shiv Habib
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.