Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Max values for radio buttons and range slider too high

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Maria Jackson

Hi,

I have a form which is using ACF values to generate radio button and range slider inputs, as well as a number of other inputs. Most are displaying correctly, but I am experiencing the following problems:

• On one set of radio buttons – which is a list of numbers – the final value is too high. One higher than any meta value in the database. Checking this option, of course, returns no results.
    • On one range slider – which is range of decimal values, e.g. 0.42 – 0.66 – the final value is too high by 0.01. I.e. it is showing as 0.67 when the highest value in the database is 0.66. Again, this will return no results if the slider is set to 0.67 – 0.67.

Both of the above fields are getting their max values automatically.

Do you have any idea why this is happening? It is currently affecting a production website so I would like to resolve it as soon as possible.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Maria Jackson
    Trevor Moderator
    Maria Jackson
    Trevor Moderator

Will, did you rebuild the cache afterwards? If you make the control a simple dropdown (not a range), does it show the correct values?

Maria Jackson

Hi Trevor,

I did rebuild the cache, but still the wrong max value with the slider.

Yes, if I change the control to a dropdown the maximum value changes to 0.66.

Thanks,
    Will

Trevor Moderator

Do you think it is possible that the step is the issue (0.01), and it is somehow rounding up that much above the highest value?

Maria Jackson

Hi Trevor,

I agree with that logic, given the erroneous value is 0.01 too high.

Yes, seems like the true max value is getting incorrectly rounded or incremented somewhere.

Please let me know if you discover the cause of this issue. We can work around it by adding an explicit maximum value, but that is not ideal as it has the capacity to override a higher value set in the content.

Thanks,
    Will

Trevor Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.