Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Mashup Maps Integration

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Condrobs e.V.

Dear Trevor,

I am trying to build a search that shows a map with different markers in the search results.

For the preparation I read through the forum and saw that you once did it using a mashup map such as wpgmaps.com – hence I bought it and set up everything.

Actually I dont know what the next steps are. The Link you provided in another topic, goes to a 404 page.

Can you tell me what you did, to achieve this in the past?

Would love to hear from you,
    Philipp

Trevor Moderator

To test whether it worked, I used our Using a Shortcode display results method, following the guide here, and the customising section (so I had my own copy of the results.php file):

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/search-results/using-a-shortcode/#customising-the-results

On each post for which there was a map needed, I made a map in wpgmaps and noted the ID.

Using Advanced Custom Fields, I created a ‘map_id’ custom field for these posts, and then added against each post the relevant map ID. I also made a parent map, and noted that map ID.

Before the while loop starts in the results.php template (‘the template’ from now on), I defined two variables:

$post_content_output = '';
    $map_output = '[wpgmza id="2" mashup=true mashup_ids="';

where 2 is the parent map ID (so change to suit).

As each loop of while is run, you output the strings into $post_content_output and add the post map ID to $map_output, with a comma after each ID.

When the loop has finished, you need to trim the last comma off $map_output, then add '" parent_id="2"]' to it. That should complete it as a mashup shortcode.

Then you have two variables to echo to the page (one as a do_shortcode function).

I no longer have a copy of the results.php I used, sorry, so you would need to code this yourself, but the logic is as above.

This was the reference I used:

https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/advanced-map-options/map-shortcode-parameters/

Condrobs e.V.

Hi Trevor,

thank you for the detailed explanation.

As I am a webdesigner and not a developer, this goes beyond my experience: I will search for an alternative or an web developer who can help me out.

This ticket can be closed.

Have a nice day,
    Philipp

Condrobs e.V.

Before you close the ticket: A friend of mine gave me this script.
    Is it going in the right direction?

https://www.codepile.net/pile/kpDB2q0E

Trevor Moderator

Yes, just like that. Show him the results.php file from our plugin templates folder. I will leave this open unless you think I should close it?

robert lodi

Hello Trevor – if this thread is still open I would like to jump in. I think what I am trying to do is the same thing… I have pro wpgmaps, i have pro Search and Filter. I have the php mashup code. What I am missing is – anything working. I may need to revisit the map plugin docs. So – what I am trying to do, is sort and filter 600+ providers, and as they filter, they appear as pins on the map based on their address. I can add the map ID to each provider record, thats easy enough with an import. But – do I also need to add them individually to the map somehow? Or how else do they get tied to the locations in the map? Thats my missing link and I realize it may not be a Search & Filter issue, either.

Trevor Moderator

Hi Robert

Are you able to open a ticket on our new support system in Your Account, and refer back to this topic?

robert lodi

I can and did. I hope I did it right. thanks Trevor!

Trevor Moderator

Yes, I see it, I will reply tomorrow, as it is late here.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.