Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Latest Version Breaks Relevanssi Search

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Highfilter

Hey there,

going from S&F Pro 1.1.3 to the latest 1.2.4 and Relevanssi doesn’t work in the Search & Filter Pro search anymore. I am only using it to include searching from a custom field. If there’s a way to do that in the text search in Search & Filter Pro, let me know and I don’t have to use Relevanssi. I’ve also tried disabling and re-enabling both S&F Pro and Relevanssi. As well as re-indexing with Relevanssi.

Using S&F Pro AJAX, using shortcode and shortcode + results in a custom template file. You can see example here: http://www.dev.highfiltermedia.com/green-network/

If you search for “kelowna” in the text box, it should popup with 3 results. Items “Ktown Should Showup” and “Testing Ktown Item” have “Kelowna” as the value in the custom field. Custom field is called “city”, if that matters.

Let me know if there’s a workaround or if you are able to restore the integration with Relevanssi. I’ve been using the same version of Relevanssi, so it was some change between S&F Pro 1.1.3 and 1.2.4.

Liking the new AJAX method otherwise. Works much better than before other than a few bugs popping up.

Ross Moderator

Hey highfilter

Unfortunately the new Ajax method does not use relevanssi because it creates its own custom query.

So for now I will say the new Ajax method does not support it (I will look at adding this functionality in to this plugin myself later on).

Sorry about that, a few more important updates and then I’ll see what I can do!

Thanks
    Ross

Highfilter

Would it be easier for you to integrate a similar feature into the Search & Filter Pro plugin where you can make the keyword search include searching specific fields? I wouldn’t need Relevanssi at all at that point, and it might be easier than trying to get the plugin to work with Relevanssi.

Or if that is what you meant on looking into adding this functionality in to this plugin yourself, then forgive me.

Do you know of a current workaround that would work in my situation? Is it possible to alter what field the keyword search searches in? So maybe I could combine the title and custom field into a single string, so it would return relevant results.

Thanks!

Todd

We could also use this feature or a workaround to make the ajax search field capable of searching custom fields.

Ross Moderator

Its on the list!

Highfilter

Hey Ross,

any progress on this? Would be great to get something going, even if it there is a temp. workaround.

Thanks.

Ross Moderator

Hey highfilter, no progress on this I’m afraid.

I will try to add this in the next couple of weeks depending on when I can finish existing functionality that I’m working on.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.