Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Issues with no items found and setting up with Beaver Builder Posts Module

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • Kristen Fowler Lindsey

I’m having some issues with the setup in general and also getting it to work with Beaver Builder.

• The search fields show the “count” and when I click on one that has a count of more than 0 it still shows nothing can be found.
    • I’m not sure if I should be configuring the infinite scroll in Beaver Builder or in your plugin. Neither seem to work well (or at all). The BB integration information in your documentation is minimal so I’m probably missing something to get it all working cohesively. Ross mentioned this may not be possible (via email), so the button for “load more posts” would be sufficient.
    • Even when not utilizing the BB portion, all of the filters still displayed with no results found, even though based on the “count” there should be results. Some filters are just a custom taxonomy that I setup and some are ACF fields, I’m not sure if this makes a difference.

Any help / advice to get this setup would be much appreciated 🙂

Kristen Fowler Lindsey
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    Kristen Fowler Lindsey

Trevor,

I followed all of your instructions above and when I click on “Kayaking” for example with 2 items, it still shows “Sorry, we couldn’t find any posts. Please try a different search.” It also removes all the filtering options (which I don’t think it did before) and when the back button is clicked it doesn’t go back to the page with the original results (before filtering).

The page is built with 2 columns. The first is the Beaver Builder Post Module which I made following your instructions here: https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/beaver-builder/

The 2nd column is the shortcode for the search form.

And as mentioned, even when NOT using BB to display the posts. Clicking on “Kayaking” with 2 items still showed no results.

I’ve given you the login for the development site if that helps to be able to poke around a bit.

Ross Moderator
    Kristen Fowler Lindsey

Ross,

Is this a limitation of the number slider? No other fields are being added to the search term except for the 2 number sliders. The number slider option also seems to be missing “Search Operator” and “Hide Empty” that the other options do have. Could this be an issue? Can you add those options to the number slider?

I would hope the only time a search term is added to the URL is when it’s actually chosen by the user. Yet those two other items being added seem to added by default when a user has not selected them. Please confirm.

Ross Moderator

Hi again

This is a limitation yes, you need to add default values for all other posts that you want to show up in the search form.

The reasoning being, what happens when someone has interacted with a search form, but they choose to set the slider back to their min max – do we exclude/ignore them, or is the user intent to include them…

Sure there is room for improvement, but we haven’t yet figured out a better way.

In regards to the sliders, they are always included with by AND, and restrict search results by their values chosen – which is why other posts need default values setup so they keep showing up once a search has been performed.

We’re working on version 3 at the moment, so I’ll put a note to look into improving this.

Thanks

Kristen Fowler Lindsey

Ross,

That would definitely be something I’d look for as a user since some of our packages don’t have prices because they are custom pricing. It would be nice to have an option to NOT have the sliders added to the search URL by default and yes, if the user sets it back to default it should remove it from the URL.

Is there a way to get around this for the time being? I don’t think I can wait for a version 3 as this site is launching in 2 weeks. I tried to set it up as a “choice” and setup options like 0 – $500 | $500 – $1000 | $1000 – $5000 etc. But this doesn’t work because the input is a number.

Any advice to get around this limitation would be helpful! So far what I’ve tried is not working.

Cheers,
    K

Kristen Fowler Lindsey

Ross,

Just a follow up… I went in and added prices and trip length (the slider options) to all of the packages that are tagged “Kayaking”. Yet when I click on Kayaking, it still says: Sorry, we couldn’t find any posts. Please try a different search.

If you go directly here, you’ll see the kayaking posts: https://alaskawilddev.wpengine.com/find-your-trip/?_sft_activities=kayaking

If you click on each one of those you’ll see that trip length and price is filled out. Yet I’m still getting no results with this URL that it goes to: https://alaskawilddev.wpengine.com/find-your-trip/?_sft_activities=kayaking&_sfm_filter_fields_filter_trip_length=1+15&_sfm_filter_fields_filter_adult_price=0+5000

Can you please help me troubleshoot this? This seems like a bug and not just a limitation.

Thanks

Ross Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.