Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Is it possible to change the URL on a filtered result to make it more readable?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Ben Davies

Hi,

When results on a page are filtered, the end of the URL changes to something like:

‘…/resources?_sft_category=blog-posts’

Instead, we would like to change it to something more readable like

‘…/resources/blogs’

Is this possible?

Thanks

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

If you are using a Post Types Archive display results method, this is possible. For other methods, this should become possible with the release of V3 Pro in a few months time.

Ben Davies

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I have changed to Post Types Archive now and it is mostly working except one issue with the infinite scroll:

Despite having the ‘data-‘ attribute set when there are no more posts, duplicate posts are appearing at the bottom when the filter is updated. Strangely, when the page is fully refreshed on the filter, it populates correctly – just not when the filter is changed and data is fetched on the screen.

Have you seen this before?
    Thanks

Trevor Moderator
    Ben Davies
    Trevor Moderator

I have not seen that before. In effect, it is an overrun. Is it a specific number of posts that repeat? Or the entire last ‘page’?

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Ben Davies

Hi Trevor,

I think it is random and no specific number overrunning.
    What’s strange is when I refresh the page manually after filtering, it works. I will send the link in my next message.
    If you select ‘blog posts’ for example, a lot come up initially and many start repeating. However afterwards, if you then refresh the page it loads 15 correctly as it should.

Thanks

Ben Davies
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.