Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Infinite Scroll only works after interaction

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Beth

Hi, I have a search page created using a shortcode and the initial page only shows the first 10 results with no infinite scroll. Once you interact with the form, it works just fine, so I can go back to “all categories” and now the infinite scroll will work, but how can I make it work on initial load?

Trevor Moderator

In the Search & Filter -plugin folder, in the subfolder named templates, are two files. Normal pagination template is results.php, and there is another for infinite scroll, with a similar but different structure.

Which one did you use?

Whichever one you used, you need to follow our guide when doing that:

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/search-results/using-a-shortcode/#customising-the-results

The file must be renamed to either results.php or {the number of the form ID}.php

If that was not the issue, are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Beth
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Can you return results.php and the form back to their initial infinite scroll state so I can look at them that way?

Beth

Updated.

Trevor Moderator
    Beth
    Trevor Moderator

I can see nothing wrong with the form settings, nor the results.php file. Can you try disabling WPBakery Pagebuilder, and make a page with just the two shortcodes on, which is the most basic way it can be made? I have a feeling something is causing a JavaScript conflict.

Note that, when fixed and WPBakery is enabled again, if you have a problem with the Page Builder shortcodes displaying, there is a way to fix that (I showed it to another user only a few days ago).

It is late here in the UK, so any further replies will be tomorrow, sorry.

Beth

Okay thanks. I know it’s not WPbakery because I have used this exact set up on a different site and it loads perfectly there. I will just try other plugins to see if there’s a conflict. I will copy it to a staging server so I can turn everything off and play around. Will let you know if I figure it out.

Trevor Moderator

OK, I will wait to hear from you. You do know we have an integration extension plugin for WPBakery?

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/wpbakery-page-builder-formerly-visual-composer/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Infinite Scroll only works after interaction’ is closed to new replies.