Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Infinite scroll not showing more results

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)
  • METID

Hello, I have an issue in enabling the infinite scroll. I set a value of 10 to have a second results page and try the function.

I set the container class (infinite), then the post class (postcard), then both, but nothing changes.
    Sometimes the loading wheel appears, but after that no posts appears.

Thank you.

METID
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    METID
    Trevor Moderator

Watching the page, it appears that it is the ‘Latest’ section that is being updated?

We looked at this before, yes?

The issue before was the very custom nature of the template being used. From what I can recall, I do not think that Infinite Scroll can be made to work with that.

METID

Hello, I am doing some tests.
    I set up a function for numbered pagination. It appears to work, but only when we are on a filtered page (filter slug). While in the home page, the /page/# links are not found.

Please could you help me to figure out why?

METID

I think this is related to the “do_action(“search_filter_query_posts”…) you suggested me to add in order to make the filter work also without selection.

Trevor Moderator

It may be, but the root of the problem is the structure of the page template, and the way your theme works. In the end, it might be better to create a test page using our shortcode method, and then customize that to give you what you want, and then simply replace the code in your home page template with our results shortcode.

So, to do this, follow these instructions:

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/search-results/using-a-shortcode/

Including the Customizing the Results part, but for Infinite Scroll, step 2 would be this:

2. Copy the file wp-content\plugins\search-filter\templates\results-infinite-scroll.php from the templates folder in to the newly created folder in your theme – wp-content\themes\your-theme-name\search-filter\results.php

Notice how that file becomes named results.php

Once that is working OK on the test page, we can then alter the code in it to output to better match your theme.

METID

Hello Trevor, thank you for your assistance.
    Here is the test page link, where all is configured as you suggested:

http://www.pminetwork.test.polimi.it/test-filtro/

Infinite scroll is working correctly.
    I only added my own classes to post container and post elements.
    What is the next step you suggest me to do?

Trevor Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Infinite scroll not showing more results’ is closed to new replies.