Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Include WooCommerce Product Child Categories

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Antero Riihimäki

I’ve searched through the forum and I saw that you advice people on using custom post types on blogs and in general to not use child categories / taxonomies.

BUT my client has an ecommerce store and they want to use Search & Filter to filter products.

It works nicely, except that when browsing through the parent category, the child category products aren’t visible…

Is there a way to “make them visible” without flattening the product category tree?

Trevor Moderator

In the form field setting, do you have these settings enabled:

Hierarchical
    Include Children in Parents

Antero Riihimäki

Where can I find those settings? I can’t seem to locate them in the settings of my search & filter settings…

Trevor Moderator

Go to the Form UI at the bottom of the form, and open the settings for the taxonomy field, like this (from one of my test sites):

https://www.screencast.com/t/vMs9tGZCbg

Antero Riihimäki

Oh, I didn’t have a taxonomy / category field… I only have sort order and post meta (available product sizes), since it’s a product category page not a search page…

However I was able to fix the problem with your help. I added the taxonomy field and then using CSS hide it from the users.

Trevor Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Include WooCommerce Product Child Categories’ is closed to new replies.