Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro “In Stock” Filter

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 107 total)
  • Ben Chentnik

Hey Trevor I hope all is well! I am using S&FP strictly for a shop page and was wondering if there’s any way to add a function/option where customers are able to select “show in stock only” so that all items that are out of stock are filtered out…essentially a digital version of looking through a catalog that only shows products that are available.

Inventory is tracked for every single product and backorders aren’t allowed so I’d imagine this should be relatively simple but I could be wrong, do you have any insight on this?

Trevor Moderator

There would have to be a custom field that holds logical 0/1, true/false, yes/no type of value to show stock status. Stock level would not work.

Jordan

Ben, are you using WooCommerce?

Ben Chentnik

Thanks for the quick response guys!

Trevor – how could I go about setting that up?

Jordan – yes I am.

Trevor Moderator

Doesn’t WooCommerce have a custom field (post meta) called stock status?

Jordan

Yep.

The key you’ll want to filter by is: _stock_status

Jordan

Actually ignore my post above, that’s not directly connected with the actual number of stock available.

However that key is: _stock

So combine them maybe.

Jordan

Again just corrected myself, sorry! haha.

If a status is IN-STOCK then the check if any items are available still has already been done so yeah, _stock_status is correct to use as the filter meta key.

Ben Chentnik

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Jordan how do you recommend setting it up? I did it as a “choice” and the options were either “instock” or “outofstock”. I’d like to have it where it just says “Show in-stock only” and that’s all.

Trevor Moderator

I might set it up as a checkbox, but set the options to manual and just add the one you want and the label you want.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.