Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro IE8 Ajax compatibility

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Betsy Cohen

Hi Ross,

I received the error below when trying to view this in IE. Maybe this (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9769868/addeventlistener-not-working-in-ie8) will be helpful.

Object doesn’t support property or method ‘addEventListener’

Let me know if you think this fix will make it into the next update.

Thanks!

B

Ross Moderator

Hey Betsy, this is definitely going in the next update, should be just after the weekend 🙂

Betsy Cohen

Hi Ross,

When is the update going to be released? I know you said just after the weekend, but I want to be able to tell my client when they can expect this update.

Thanks!

B

Ross Moderator

Hey Betsy

I’ve integrated the fix in the latest version but yet to push live pending the other updates.

I think this will be tomorrow now – probably late afternoon 🙂

Thanks
    Ross

Ross Moderator

Hey Betsy

Sorry I know you were waiting on this update. I can direct you to the line of code you need to change if you like to make the fix while you wait for the update?

Will 100% be up today, hopefully in the next few hours pending testing :/

Thanks

Betsy Cohen

Hi Ross,

It’s working in IE8! Thank you. Quick note, though, it still takes a long time to load results when the page loads. I’m only loading 1 results and there’s a delay of about 15 seconds.

Thanks!

Ross Moderator

Hey Betsy, so you have the new version and all is ok?

Didn’t have enough testers to be honest but I tried my best – hope its all ok!

Yup the slow loading will be addressed in the next update – already started working on it.

The problem is that an Ajax request is sent once the page has loaded (and once all JS has loaded) to fetch results – but they should be displayed before the page has loaded (ie server side) – prob have to wait a week before thats ready 🙂

Let me know of any issues.

Best
    Ross

Ross Moderator

Hey Betsy – just to let you know there was a serious bug in 1.2.5 (when saving a search form) – please update to 1.2.6 when you get a chance (it just contains this one bug fix!)

Best
    Ross

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.