Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro I am not able to set up a range slider by video length

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Xiaoli

Hi team,

I am building a website to sell videos. I wish customers to be able to use range sider to pick up the video length they want. I don’t know how to do it, and search through the forum, nobody did this before.

I hope you could recommend a meta key to put video length in, or suggest a plugin if the current setting cannot make this happen.

Some other info: I am using Elementor pro to set up the page.

Cheers
    Xiaoli

Xiaoli
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

If these are ACF fields, When selecting the meta key, note a ‘gotcha’ with ACF ….

… it makes 3 meta keys per field, like this (in this example for a field named ‘land’):

#1 _land
    #2 field_52f0fc4334f52
    #3 land

In our Meta Key selection list, you need to use key #3, without the underscore at the start of the key name. If you choose #1 by mistake, in the field choices you will see the name of #2.

Looking at the form, you appear to have chosen ones starting with an underscore?

Xiaoli

Hi Trevor,I am not using custom field actually. As my product is video,I need to select a field under “product” to input video length but I have not figured out how and where.
    Video length should be in format like 10:30 which means 10 minutes and 30 seconds. By any chance I could do that?

Cheers
    Xiaoli

Trevor Moderator

You have this data stored already? It would have to either be, in that example:

630 seconds, or
    10.5 minutes

As our plugin does not filter time (hours, minutes, etc) on a range control (it can do only date or number).

I think it might be much easier to have the data stored as a text label:

0-5 minutes
    5-10 minutes
    10-15 minutes, etc.

Xiaoli

Hi Trevor,if I use 10.5 minutes for example in some field under product,Can it be filtered by a range slider?And if so,could you please tell me where I should put this info into?Tag Category attributes or description?

Appreciate that
    Xiaoli

Trevor Moderator

You woukld need to add a ‘Number’ Custom field, for example using a plugin like the free Advanced Custom Fields plugin. It can’t be in Tag, Category. I assume you are using WooCommerce products?

Xiaoli

Yes Trever,can I add a field nunber into woocommerce product with custom field plugin,it seems I can only add field for a new Custom post type created by CPT UI?

Cheers
    Xiaoli

Trevor Moderator

That is not so. ACF can add fields to all Post Types, premade or not.

Xiaoli

Hi Trevor, I logged a case with ACF and finally get it done, it needs some codes to make it work.

But, I found another issue, I cannot find the meta key in search and filter for the field I created.
    I created a field named “test” under woo-commerce product, may I know by what name I should look for that meta key?

Cheers
    Xiaoli

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.