Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro How to maintain search string while filtering?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Robert Peterson

Hello!

I love this plugin!

Here’s what I’d like to do:

• A user submits a search query, such as “apples.”
    • It brings up my custom search.php page, which includes your filter options (checkboxes, order, etc).
    • When a user selects any of the filters, it filters the *existing* results — as in, it’ll search *within* the original results for the search query “apples.”

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Bob

Trevor Moderator

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look? Can you give me a term to search for that will yield results.

If you are using the ‘As an Archive’ method, and don’t have a results page slug set, code LIKE this might do it (the ID number shown would change to your form ID:

function sandf_change_search_url_rewrite() {
    	if ( is_search() && ! empty( $_GET['s'] ) ) {
    		wp_redirect( home_url( "?sfid=1234&_sf_s=" ) . urlencode( get_query_var( 's' ) ) );
    		exit();
    	}	
    }
    add_action( 'template_redirect', 'sandf_change_search_url_rewrite' );

This needs to be inside the child theme functions.php file. You would need to be using a child theme, otherwise any theme update will overwrite the changes. Orbisius have a child theme maker plugin that is really simple to use (just accept the default settings, after done, remove the Orbisius plugin).

https://wordpress.org/plugins/orbisius-child-theme-creator/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.