Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro How to filter events that occur within a date range.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • ricov

Hi Ross,

I am wondering if the pro version can do the following and if so, how can I do this:

I have Exhibitions that begin on a certain date (for ex: Jan 6 – Mar 10). They are said to be “on view” during this time. There are also gallery openings which sometimes correspond to the first opening date of the exhibition but sometimes exhibitions are “on view” a week or two before the opening reception.

I’d like for readers to find the period in which the exhibitions are on view.

Right now, if I do a search using today’s date through April, none of the events that have started between January 6 and yesterday are listed. So for the reader, they don’t know about all exhibition currently on view.

Should I just do a date range for the end date? What about for events that only occur on one date? Perhaps only have the admin fill in the end date range and not the start date?

Please let me know if it will help to see the demo site.

Thanks!

ricov

Just an update – I tried doing a date range for just the end date (no start date), but this didn’t work for events with a date range or events with the same start and end date.

Please let me know and I can share the site with you.

Thanks in advance!

ricov
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hey again!

Did you check to make sure that the dates are being saved in the correct format?

Date should be stored in the database as YYYYMMDD or a unix timestamp – other formats (for example yyyy-mm-dd) won’t work, because these are interpreted as strings in MySQL not dates

Thanks

ricov
    ricov
    ricov
    Ross Moderator

Hey again

I think I finally figured out what you are trying to do, you need to use two meta keys (start and end date) for date range search?

So you need the dates to compare against start and end dates?

If so, this is not possible just yet but hoping to add it to v2 of the plugin out end of March.

Thanks

ricov

Yes, I believe that’s correct. I would need to compare both in the way that the Events Manager plugin allows you to. I’d be happy to test out your March version with that capability. Just let me know!

ricov

Hi Ross! Do you know if the date range feature I’m interested in is still on schedule for the release at the end of March? Please let me know if you need any testing help. Thanks again!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.