Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro How do I make two filters work together?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Giulio Vallata

Hello and Happy Easter.

I’d like to be able to have a filter like the one on this page: https://www.ceas.it/progetti/.

I know that the website is using a different plugin. I was wondering if something like this could be achieved with Search & Filter Pro.

I tried to replicate the page, which is visible at this link: https://lnx.mtse.it/wp/progetti/ by creating two filters that could interact with the same list of posts.

In the filter number one I’ve set the search for taxonomy with checkboxes

In filter number two I wanted to let the terms become filters themselves, but I found no other way, except to use the elements provided by the filter UI.

Compared to what I have done, I have these questons.

1-In filter number one. I’ve set the form to does not show categories of taxonomies for which no results are expected but, however, as you can see, the title of the taxonomy is always shown. How can I exclude the form to show the “Progetto” title?

2-In the second filter, I would have liked the terms to appear horizontally. I have tried to work with CSS but I have not succeeded. How can I achive this?

3-In the second filter, I would like the filter title “Portfolio Categories” not to be displayed. How can I do?

4-Is it possible to make the two filters created working together in this way?

5-About filter number two. Is there any way to setup a filter based just on text that will be clickable and activate filter like the one on this page: https://www.ceas.it/progetti/?

Thanks for your answers.

Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.

Trevor Moderator

With the current version, what you want to do is not possible (have two forms that work together to filter the same posts listing on the same page as the filters).

#4. I am sorry, no. In V3 (due soon), we will make it possible to separate the fields of a form to place them where you want on the page, so, you would be able to split the form into two parts (or even more). I think that would meet your needs.

#1. Only some custom JavaScript will do as you want with the current version of the plugin, but, again, V3 should bring the option you want (to hide the field title when there are no terms to show).

#2. Some custom CSS will be needed, to set the options to display: inline-block, and also to have some margin between them (probably margin-right). See also #3:

.searchandfilter[data-sf-form-id="2325"] .sf-field-taxonomy-portfolio_category li {
        display: inline-block;
        margin-right: 15px;
    }

#3. Either use custom CSS to hide the first option, or switch to checkboxes (which do not have the ‘all’ option). The problem with hiding the first option on a radio button list is that, after you have made a selection, you cannot deselect it without selecting another option (i.e. cannot have none selected). My advice would be to switch to checkboxes.

#5. I am not sure what you mean? Do you mean to make the text labels be the filters, like a tag cloud? If so, that is possible with some custom CSS, where the checkbox or radio button is hidden and the selected term highlights in some way when selected (text color or background color).

Please note that we are now into an extended public holiday weekend (Friday to Monday inclusive) here in the UK. We may be working for some of this period, but replies may be delayed at times.

Trevor Moderator
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.