Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro How can we customize the look of our search results page?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Jesse Veenstra

We purchased the Search & Filter Plugin Pro and have it all set up but we want to customize the search results to look like our usual search results – see http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/?s=school. (You’ll see the Search & Filter tab installed in the right sidebar)

When we set the Display Result to “Shortcode” the template doesn’t reflect our theme and we haven’t been able to figure out how to customize the new results.php file that we moved into our child theme.

When we set the Display Result to “As an Archive” and use our search.php custom template, the filter results don’t update when a new search term combination is entered. Only a manual refresh works. On other posts you have said that “any PHP needs to be inside the Ajax Container, or it will not update” ; “I suspect that the title PHP code is outside the Ajax Container, and thus not being refreshed. In that case, you may need to use a different Ajax Container that does include the title code, OR move the title inside the current Ajax Container.”

Sadly we’re not developers and don’t understand how to make this work. Is there an easy change that we could make in the Ajax Container box? Or some other solution that you’d suggest e.g. using the query code?

Thanks.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jesse Veenstra
    Trevor Moderator
    Jesse Veenstra
    Trevor Moderator

In the General Setting tab, do you have Auto Count (both settings) to ON?

And then in the Form UI:

In each field do you have Hide Empty set to ON?

Jesse Veenstra

Yep – those are all set to “ON”

Trevor Moderator
    Jesse Veenstra
    Peter Stewart

Sir, I’m struggling with same, how I can sort it. Actually your reply is private, not able to see. Can you let me know

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.