Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General How can i search data based upon different categories?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Gary Berger

Hi,

I am facing an issue wordpress like: Currently i am using this SDK for filtering my Video’s data as per user selections like: Author/Guards & Control/Division/Maneuvers and etc..(coming from “POST” Category),

In my website all video’s are coming in “POST” Category. Admin can Post these videos and then he can provide access for specific users to view these.

If user select single category like: Author –> it’s working fine

But it user want to choose four categories at a time for searching videos and i can’t approach search filter and i am unable to reload page at this case.

Can you please help me out how can i overcome this issue

Trevor Moderator

Hi Gary, I am not quite sure what you are saying, but are you having more than one form control based on category? I would need to see the search form on a live page.

Gary Berger

Hi

Please check the website link: http://www.jitseasy.com/

– See the search box below Training Videos Tab.
    – Athlete, Division, Guards & Control and Maneuvers four drop-down boxes in search box.
    – If user select single category like: Athlete–> it’s working fine
    – But it user choose the Division or Guards & Control or Maneuvers drop-down box then previous selected value in drop-down box automatically reset.(issue)
    – Is it possible user choose the four categories at a time ?
    – Athlete, Division, Guards & Control and Maneuvers drop-down boxes values coming from post categories

We want to search box like this site -> http://www.flograppling.com/videos/landing?order=publish_date&direction=desc&categories=training (See demo).

Trevor Moderator

In answer to the question ‘Is it possible user choose the four categories at a time ?’ the answer is no. It does say this in our documentation also. You need to have a separate custom field or taxonomy for each, which you can add (taxonomies) with CPT UI plugin or (custom fields) with ACF plugin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.