Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Hierarchical Taxonomy Not Displayed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • James

Hi, I just recently bought, installed, and configured Search and Filter pro. I have Woocommerce installed and product categories setup in a taxonomy structure with parent and child categories. I’m trying to create a search form for product search and filtering. Per comments I’ve read in the forum, I did the following in the S&F plugin:

1) Created a new search form.
    2) In the General tab, selected Product as the post type.
    3) In the Search Form UI section I added Taxonomy and selected “Product Category (product_cat)” and checked the box “Hierarchical”.
    4) In the “Tags, Categories & Taxonomies” tab, for the “Product categories (product_cat)” line item, I selected all relevant product categories, including all parents and all their children.
    5) I added the searchandfilter search form and results short codes to a new page.
    6) In the Display Results tab, I entered the URL for the new page.

When I open the page, the search form displays all the parent and child product categories in a flat listing. I was expecting to see the product categories listed in a taxonomy / tree format (i.e., in a hierarchy format, hence the “Hierarchical” option) with the children initially hidden within their respect parents and a carrot or other icon to be able to display the individual children.

Is this the correct expectation? Can you tell me if I’m missing something? Let me know if the above needs clarification.

Thanks

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    James
    Trevor Moderator

I can see the problem. Your theme is overriding our plugin CSS. You will need some Custom CSS to fix this:

.sidebar .widget .searchandfilter ul li ul li ul {
        margin-left: 20px;
    }

I can see that you have sub-divided the categories up in

Disease
    Species
    Tissue Type

It would be MUCH better to have these as distinct custom taxonomies. See this post for more information:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/multiple-category-fields/#post-190777

James
    Trevor Moderator
    James
    Trevor Moderator
    James
    Trevor Moderator

Sorry, my bad for not seeing that part. I am sorry, there is not. You would need to use a third party javascript to do that. It is something we are looking at for the future.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hierarchical Taxonomy Not Displayed’ is closed to new replies.