Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Having trouble with the Search when making the 2nd (3rd, 4th…) selection.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • S M

Hi Treavor,

Website: https://www.CentralCoastWineCountry.com FYI: I am using the Avada Theme.

I am making some head way with Search & Filter Pro. I changed the Display Results to: Post Type Archive and things began working/filtering better. (I am not quite sure what to select for the Display Results, so please feel free to suggest something else, if you know something will be better. Originally I selected Custom and you asked why I selected this, and my answer is: I don’t know why, as I am confused what I need to select, so I just tried something else. I am not a PHP programmer.)

Anyways, here is my new issue (after changing the Display Results to Post Type Archive):

When I make the 1st checkbox selection it seems to work fine (for the 1st selection) filtering the results on the page. But when I make the 2nd checkbox selection it appears not to work, until I place the cursor at the end of the link in the top of the browser and then hit <enter>. After doing this then the 2nd (checkbox) selection works/filters the results. (When I make a 3rd, 4th… selection, again to get this to execute properly I have to place the cursor at the end of the link in the top of the browser and then hit <enter>. ) Try it an you will see: https://www.CentralCoastWineCountry.com

Do you know how to correct this (so that when I make the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. selections it just executes and filters without my having to place the cursor at the end of the link in the browser and pressing <enter>)?

Thanks in advance! πŸ™‚

Sincerely,
    SM

S M

Shorter Version of the (new) issue:

Here is my issue (after changing the Display Results to Post Type Archive):

When I make the 1st checkbox selection it seems to work fine (for the 1st selection) filtering the results on the page. But when I make the 2nd checkbox selection it appears not to work, until I place the cursor at the end of the link in the top of the browser and then hit <enter>. After doing this then the 2nd (checkbox) selection works/filters the results. (When I make a 3rd, 4th… selection, again to get this to execute properly I have to place the cursor at the end of the link in the top of the browser and then hit <enter>. ) Try it an you will see: https://www.CentralCoastWineCountry.com

Do you know how to correct this (so that when I make the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. selections it just executes and filters without my having to place the cursor at the end of the link in the browser and pressing <enter>)?

Thanks in advance! πŸ™‚

Sincerely,
    SM

Trevor Moderator

Just to check, in the form, on the display Result settings tab, switch off Ajax. Does it then work (it will reload the page)?

If so, then it is possible that the Ajax Selector may need changing. From #main to .fusion-portfolio-wrapper maybe.

S M

Hi Trevor,

I did what you said and switch off Ajax (in the RESULTS setting) and it began working just fine, the way I want it to!

You mentioned that if this works ‘then it is possible that the Ajax Selector may need changing from #main to .fusion-portfolio-wrapper.’ Since it is working just the way I want it, should I just leave it alone instead of changing it ‘from #main to .fusion-portfolio-wrapper.’ Or do you foresee some reprecussions if I do not make this change?

Side comment: It seems weird that when I switch off Ajax that it begins working fine (the way I want it to) as i thought needing Ajax switched on was needed to cause the page refresh every time new items were checked or unchecked. I’m not understanding something. Any thoughts why this is working in the opposite manner (of the way I was thinking)?

I look forward to your thoughts on these things.

And a big thanks for your help!!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Sincerely,
    SM

PS: I saw your message about making a Dropdown Checkbox a feature, and that it is possibly on horizon in a few months. Everyone I know is looking for this feature in a Search and Filter especially when it adapts to a mobile phone setting. As soon as you get this feature built in to your product, you will no doubt triple your sales or more. Thanks again for your help!

Trevor Moderator

Try the setting change I suggested and switch Ajax back on to test. If it works, then leave it like that, otherwise switch Ajax OFF for now. It is better if Ajax is on, for the user.

S M

Trevor, is there a way to attach a screen shot so I can show you the settings without having to describe it in detail?

I am not sure if I am adding .fusion-portfolio-wrapper to the locationthat you want me to. This is what I did and and it broke things, making the functionality goes back to the way I described in my October 26, 2020 at 6:07 am note:

On the Display Result page, I selected Load Results Using Ajax. In the Ajax Container on this page, I changed the field #main to .fusion-portfolio-wrapper.

Again, this broke it making the functionality goes back to the way I described in my October 26, 2020 at 6:07 am note.

To make the page work as you see on https://wwww.CentralCoastWineCountry.com these are the settings:

1. On the Display Results page, I have to unchecking the Load Results using Ajax? field.

2. On the General page I have to check the Auto submit form? field.

If there is a way to attached screen shots to this message let me know how and I will show you what settings are working and what settings are not.

Thanks for you help
    -SM

Trevor Moderator

You would need to upload the screenshot image(s) to a file sharing site (like the WordPress Cloudup site, Google Drive, Dropbox, WeShare, etc) and share the link(s) with me?

Note our forum software allows only four links per post before holding a post in the spam folder.

With regard to Avada, we have no official integration for it. It is not a simple theme (it is a framework theme where pages are made not from a single template but instead from multiple included template files) and thus Ajax is the most difficult thing to get working. For the time being, it is highly likely that you will need to disable Ajax and work with it that way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.