Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filters not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tami Winchell

Hello,

We are trying to filter our posts based on a person’s allergies. When a person selects a particular ingredient from the Allergies drop-down, the results will exclude all the posts that has that particular ingredient tagged in it.

This is the link to page where we have added the filters https://testingoncloud.com/modernneuropathy/category/recipes/ , in the “Select Allergies/Sensitivities” field we have Checkbox in drop-down.

The working of this field is a bit different(customized by us)- For example, if a post (e.g.-“The Superfood Supper That’s Super Simple”) is assigned any “Allergies/Sensitivities”, say, “Allium and Fish”, now if we select these two in Checkbox then that specific post (“The Superfood Supper That’s Super Simple”) will be excluded from the filter result.

What we need is, if we select any one of the “Allergies/Sensitivities” either Allium or Fish, then that specific post should be excluded, currently we have to select both.

Thank You

Trevor Moderator

Are you able to send me temporary admin logins (ones you should later delete or disable) for the site so that I can look at the setup? Please use a Private Reply.

Tami Winchell
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    Tami Winchell
    Trevor Moderator

Ok. I made some changes to make the page work, and NOW I see something very odd happening. I assume you have somehow modified how things work?

Select Allium and the URL shows all the terms NOT in use?

The also select Fish, and that is removed that the list in the URL?

That is not right. Have you made changes to the way the plugin works, or used one of our programming filters, or maybe another plugin is doing this?

Tami Winchell

Hey Trevor,
    We did not changed any code of the plugin.
    We made the filters in Allergens field to be selected by default by using Javascript and then made it look like unselected using CSS
    I’ve removed the Javascript code from the filter for you to take a look.

Trevor Moderator
    Tami Winchell
    Trevor Moderator

Our filter is designed to positively compare. It cannot do Does Not Equal. The only way it could work is that the selections in the Post Editor admin are ‘OK for these Allergens’, instead of ‘Contains these Allergens’. I can see no way to do it as you want (as an exclusion selected by the user. We are planning to extend/add the choice or operators in V3, but that is still some months away yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.