Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filters html and classes are changing after first submit

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Maxime Royer

Hi there! I am using Ajax for my filters. When I first load my page, everything looks fine. I applied some styles to the filters and it’s ok. But when I click on a selected option on a filter and there is a first submit, it looks like the html code on the filters change so my CSS class don’t apply anymore. Also, the waiting time for the results to load is slow. Can you help?

Trevor Moderator

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Did you use Javascript to add the class and/or HTML when the page loads?

Maxime Royer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

How did the classes come to be added then?

Maxime Royer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Ah. Do you know what that JavaScript is?

Maxime Royer

Unfortunately not! My colleague told me I will have to make a thorough search to find that Javascript and copy it in my results.php file to solve the problem. Is there any other easier way?

Trevor Moderator

It would not need copying there, but you would need to find it, yes. It would be needed in a short JavaScript snippet to re-initialize it.

If you have a complete copy of the site files/folders on a local computer, you could use a tool to do the search. On my PC I use Notepad++ to do this.

You should look for ui-id

If this is part of the theme, can the theme author help?

The only alternative is to turn off Ajax.

Maxime Royer

I really have to use Ajax and yes, maybe the theme author can help too. I will contact them. Thanks a lot!

Trevor Moderator

The code snippet will fit in to our exemplar code like this:

<script>(function ( $ ) {
      "use strict";
      $(document).on("sf:ajaxfinish", ".searchandfilter", function(){
        console.log("ajax complete");

// call your function here

});
    }(jQuery));</script>
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Filters html and classes are changing after first submit’ is closed to new replies.