Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter subcategory

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Andrei

Congrats for this awesome plugin!

Please help me with something. I have the next structure:
    CATEGORY 1
    SUBCATEGORY 1
    SUBCATEGORY 2
    CATEGORY 2
    SUBCATEGORY 3
    CATEGORY 3

All the posts are using the same taxonomies (example: collection). But I need to filter the posts for each category independently of everything the rest of the site.

Example: I am in SUBCATEGORY 1 and I choose to filter by collection term “SUMMER”. I should have only the posts from SUBCATEGORY 1 with term “SUMMER”. Instead, I have all the posts from the website with term “SUMMER”.

What should I do in order to achieve this filtering?

Thanks.

Andrei

Any answer? Please Ross, help me with this. My client bought your plugin at my suggestion and I have to make it work. Thanks.

Andrei
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hi Andrei, sorry about the delay in getting back to you..

I have not replied to others since I first noticed your message and I do not provide support over the weekend (its mentioned on the plugin page) so apologies but thats why you’ve not heard anything.

RE the problem you initially mentioned – I think this is the way the plugin works, so sounds like there may be a bug or a conflict.

Do you have a link I could look at?

Thanks

Andrei
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hey Andrei will login this evening.

Thanks

Andrei

Hello Ross,

I think I know what’s wrong. When I add a new search form, I have to choose the “Post Types”. In this moment I can choose between posts, pages and the custom post types that I have on the website. And after that I can filter all the posts from that post type.

But I need to choose even deeper. I need to filter a specific category or taxonomy from a post type.

Do you think it’s possible for you to create such an option? I mean after I choose the post type, then to choose a category or taxonomy from that custom post type? Something more specific I mean, not the hole post type?

Thanks,
    Andrei M

Ross Moderator

Hey Andrei, yeah this is something I’ve been meaning to add for a while but its pretty tricky to setup… It is on my list to of things to do and I have already started this but unfortunately its not ready yet! 🙁

Andrei

Hi Ross. Thank you for the reply. I understand. I know it’s a big one, but can you tell me when do you think you will finish this feature? I already bought the plugin but I can’t use it… I think I can make something else temporary until you add this but I really need to know when. Thanks.

Ross Moderator

Hey Andrei, realistically I think its going to be about 2 weeks before the next big update which I will try to include this in – I’ll of course try to get it complete ASAP but I think thats the quickest I can get the next update ready.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.