Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter stops working after first use

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Roxane Lapa

Hi there

I am using Search & Filter Pro together with the Pods WordPress plugin (for a custom post type).

I have come across the following 3 issues…

1. It seems the Search only finds items if the searched for keyword is in the title. Is there a way to get the Search working for custom fields?

2. Search displays blank page when there are no results. It does not display the page title or filter form.

3. The Filtered Reults aren’t showing the custom fields, only the title

Could someone please assist me with these 3 issues, or let me know if you need more info? If you like, I can take screenshots of settings or even supply you with temporary login credentials.

Regards
    Roxane

Trevor Moderator

Regarding #1.

Assuming that the search field is within a Search & Filter form, our plugin does not directly allow you to do text searches of individual Post Meta (custom fields) and Taxonomy data/terms. The Search & Filter Pro Text Search field uses the standard WordPress search, so looks only in the Post Title and Content. To help you control this better, on the form’s Advanced settings tab you will see 2 settings for Relevanssi.

The documentation for this is here:

https://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/3rd-party/relevanssi/

You would need to install and activate the free Relevanssi plugin as well.

Then set it up (in your case set up the Custom Field part) and build its index (make sure it is indexing the desired post types AND the taxonomies/custom fields that you want to search).

Regarding #2 and 3. Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Please note, there are some advanced features of PODS that we do not support.

Roxane Lapa

Hi Trevor

Thanks for the speedy response. I’ll take a look Relevanssi as you suggest.

Here is the page that I’m using the filter on:
    http://strmr.co.za/southern-african-streamer-directory/

Here is the custom archive page as well:
    http://strmr.co.za/streamer/

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you
    Roxane Lapa

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Roxane Lapa
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Hi

With regard to the OP, #2.

As you are using your own template, archive-streamer.php, you have an IF starting on line 8 and ending on line 25.

Instead of just the endif, you need to add code for an else, to display a no results found message (or whatever), or hire a coder to do that for you.

With regard to #3. Again, you would need to add code to that same template file to show the custom fields, or hire a coder to do that for you.

Roxane Lapa

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I’ll have a look and see if I can get this sorted out tomorrow.

Roxane Lapa

Thank you for helping me with those issues. I have managed to sort all 3 out thanks to your advice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Filter stops working after first use’ is closed to new replies.