Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter Out Categories

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chris H

I’m using Search & Filter for woocommerce products & Elementor. I’m looking to filter out a category in Elementor, when I upload the products.

I used the advanced settings to eliminate the category on the search, however the Uncategorized products still automatically load when the page loads

Trevor Moderator

So, you want any post that has ‘Uncategorized’ to be missing entirely?

In the form setup, go to the ‘Tags, Categories & Taxonomies’ settings panel, and, the Category line, change Include to Exclude and then select that term. That should do it for you.

Chris H

Sorry – I meant when my page first loads, it automatically will load everything that I have in my products. How do I get it so it doesn’t load everything (the things I don’t want are uncategorized, and it automatically load it)

Trevor Moderator

As I understand it, you want to filter out any posts that have NO category terms assigned? They would have to have ‘Uncategorized’ assigned to them and then you could use that as an Exclude option.

Chris H

Yeah exactly. I tried that and it’s not quite working.

Everytime the page loads (on first entry), it automatically loads everything (from most recent to oldest) of all of my products in WooCommerce. Would that even apply to the filter, as it’s not being used until I input something?

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Chris H
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Thanks for letting me know. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Filter Out Categories’ is closed to new replies.