Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter different taxonomy selections without AND/OR while clearing previous?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ian Whitmore

I am trying to figure out how to have a Search & Filter Pro set up where there are 4+ taxonomies.

When someone selects an item under any taxonomy dropdown the results update to only posts with that selection and the other dropdowns are reset and selections from those dropdowns are not included using AND/OR.

Is this possible with this plugin?

Thanks!

Trevor Moderator

So, you want the results to reflect only choice made in the last used field?

The form would have to have Auto Submit OFF. It would then require some custom JavaScript to clear the other fields, and then submit the form. To trigger the submit, use JavaScript like (assuming the form has an ID of 1234) this:

$('.searchandfilter[data-sf-form-id="1234"]').submit();

Ian Whitmore

Thank you!

This appears to be working for me! Hope this helps anyone else too!

$('.searchandfilter[data-sf-form-id="15"] ul select').change(function(){

$('.searchandfilter[data-sf-form-id="15"] ul select').not(this).prop('selectedIndex', 0);

});
    Trevor Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me and sharing. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Filter different taxonomy selections without AND/OR while clearing previous?’ is closed to new replies.