Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter by _EventStartDate with The Events Calendar PRO by Modern Tribe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pablo Gavilan

I created a filter for events and added in the Search Form UI a post-meta field using Date and _EventStartDate custom field as target. I tried different options but whenever I use this field in the frontend is not showing any results, with or without data range.

The strange thing is that the settings to show only present and future events works perfectly putting _EventEndDate : date : >= Current date.

I wait until cache is built and shows events, but when I filter I get nothing.

Trevor Moderator

There is a good chance that the dates are not stored in the YYYYMMDD format required by Search and Filter.

Pablo Gavilan

Dates are stored in this format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
    But the global filter to show only content from the current date to the future works perfectly.

Is there a way I can make it work? Maybe modifying the code of the plugin manually?

Thanks for your help!

Trevor Moderator

The only way you could make it work is to have a second date field, that holds the date in our required format. You could add a function to your child theme’s functions.php file to hook in to the WordPress save_post() function to process the saved date and save it in the desired format into this new field.

Pablo Gavilan

Seems not very efficient to duplicate meta fields just to do this.

There is an option for Date Input Format: Timestamp or YYYYMMDD (ACF). Could you make a new one for
    The Events Calendar plugin, so they are compatible? This is by far the top 1 calendar plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/calendar/

Trevor Moderator

It is likely we will look at this for V3, which is currently in development.

Jennifer

We’re currently working on this situation as well. Is the solution to wait for V3? Is there a release date set for V3 yet?

Trevor Moderator

No release date, I am sorry. Closer, a lot closer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.