Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Featured Image gone when I select 2 categories

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Molli Fisher

I have my filter working with checkboxes of the categories on the side on the blog page and when I select 1 category it filters just fine, but when I select a second category all of the featured images are gone and are just big blank spaces with the title and the meta description shows all the visual composer code instead of the meta description.

Trevor Moderator

That sounds like a problem with either lazyload or Masonry (Isotope).

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Molli Fisher
    Trevor Moderator

The solution might necessitate some experimentation. It is necessary to initialize Page Builders shortcodes again after an Ajax call (so, if you turned off Ajax in our form, the issue is likely to go away).

Try adding this script to the page (you can add it to the start of the results.php file, outside of a php block:

<script>(function ( $ ) {
      "use strict";
      $(document).on("sf:ajaxfinish", ".searchandfilter", function(){
        console.log("ajax complete");
        $(.search-filter-results).vc_js();
      });
    }(jQuery));</script>

I am unsure if this will work. If it does not, I may need to ask our developer to take a look.

Trevor Moderator

Thinking about this some more, that script may need to be on the page, not in our results.php file.

Molli Fisher
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

I will explain what the issue is. You are using WPBakery Page Builder to create the content for the pages/posts that you are searching. In turn, that plugin uses their own shortcodes to format and structure the content you make. If you look at the search results when the issue happens, you can see them.

The issue arises because WPBakery decided (for reasons of speed) not to use normal WordPress shortcodes to do this. Instead, it uses JavaScript to process those shortcodes. The WPBakery support forums have discussed this issue (that you face) for many years, but the plugin authors have not provided a definitive answer as to how to get around this. That they have not suggests that it is not easy to do.

I think, for now, the only solution is to disable Ajax in the form.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.