Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Expand/Collapse secondary categories

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Molli Fisher

Is there a way to only show the parent categories with a “+” or down caret allowing the user to expand to show the children categories?

Trevor Moderator

I am sorry, but in the current version of the plugin, this is not a built-in option. It is possible using third part coding, but I have no snippets to show you (I am aware other users have done this on their sites, but the solutions are very specific to their sites). With V3, due in Spring 2020, this will become possible.

John Nellis

Is this still going to be added to V3 and when is V3 coming? I just bought Search & filter Pro and this is a must feature for me. I want to have the option to collapse and expand categories. I currently use a plugin that allows woocommerce category widget to collapse, but I would like it all to be done through Search & filter Pro. I love this plugin btw. Keep up the great work!

Trevor Moderator

Hi John. I have referred your question to our plugin developer, Ross, for his input.

Ross Moderator

Hi John

It will be coming in v3, but the dates keep slipping back, a couple of months away I would say.

If that’s a deal breaker for you, then let us know.

Best

John Nellis

Hey Trevor and Ross. Thank you for responding so quick! I’m glad this feature is coming in a few months. My clients can wait. I’ll just use the dropdown with combobox and a checkbox without using Hierarchical until this feature is added.

As long as it’s coming, it’s not a deal-breaker for me.

Just to clarify though and to make sure we are talking about the same thing. Being able to collapse and expand the Product categories in woocommerce from the frontend with a search & filter “taxonomy” field and having the “input type” set to “checkbox” with “Hierarchical?” checked is coming in V3?

If so that’s going to be a game-changer.

Ross Moderator

Essentially, yes that’s what’s coming 🙂

Pablo Aguirre

Hey guys, any updates on this topic?

Ross Moderator

We are looking at about a month away to start testing.

Thanks

John Nellis

Well, it’s been a year and this feature that was promised is still not in. Any update on if this will actually be added? I still get my customers asking to be able to expand and collapse the children. Is there a code I can use? I found one that works for the standard woocommerce product category widget but can’t get the code to work with this through Divi.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.