Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Exclude categories – documentation?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Marion Golin

Hi,

I see references in the forums to the ability to exclude categories from search. I can’t seem to find and reference in the documentation for this feature. I apologize in advance if I just missed it. I would also like to add my support for the “include” categories option that has been mentioned in the forums as well.

Thanks!

Ross Moderator

Hey Marlon

It was never implemented actually – there were several workounds but those no longer work.

Fortunately for you, I’ve just updated the plugin (v1.2.5) which has a settings panel where you can do this 🙂

Please check for updates and you should have what you need.

Thanks
    Ross

Marion Golin

Thanks! I was able to use this snippet of code to achieve the result I needed which I also found in the forums.

function filter_results( $query )
    {
    global $sf_form_data;
    global $wp_query;

if ( $sf_form_data->is_valid_form() && $query->is_main_query() && !is_admin() )
    {
    $query->set(‘cat’, ‘-1,-2,-3’); //you can use any query modifications from here – http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/pre_get_posts
    }
    }
    add_action( ‘pre_get_posts’, ‘filter_results’, 21 );

Ross Moderator

Hey Marion.that’s good news but I advise to switch over to the new way when you can to ensure future compatibility 🙂

Give me a shout if you have any problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.