Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General Error updating to 2.5.0

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Jeff Dunne

My site is informing me that there is an update (2.5.0) from my current version (2.4.6), but when I try to update it I am being told that “Update Failed: Update package not available.” When I go to the information page (within WordPress), I am getting the message “There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.” – but I have not received such an email.

Help?

Trevor Moderator

The email will go from WordPress to the email address of the main admin I think.

How did you try to update?

If you log in to your account on our site, does it show the correct domain as being activated for the licence key?

Jeff Dunne

Somehow I missed your reply. Oops.

I did check my admin account, and there isn’t an email. For some reason, on your site it was not showing my domain as registered, but I fixed that. It is still not able to access an update, however. I get the same message: “There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.” (but no email)

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jeff Dunne
    Trevor Moderator
    Jeff Dunne
    Trevor Moderator

Hi Jeff

I have updated you to our very latest version.

Jeff Dunne

Were you able to figure out why I was not able to do the update? Also, how did you do it (so I can update if this happens again)?

Thanks!

Trevor Moderator

I was not able to figure why, no.

However, try deactiving the licence, waiting an hour os, then reactivating it. That usually works.

I used this plugin so I could upload the latest version without removing the old version:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/update-theme-and-plugins-from-zip-file/

Is it OK to close this thread for now?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Error updating to 2.5.0’ is closed to new replies.