Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Enable has_archive

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • samdz

Hello,

I have a custom post type, I feel lost ๐Ÿ™‚

How to enable has_archive?
    I didn’t found has_archive on my function.php theme.

I am not a developer, I understand css/html but I need your support to enable has_archive as true.

Could you help me please.

Best reragrds
    Sam

Trevor Moderator

How is that Custom Post Type made? There are normally four ways:

#1 By your parent or theme (usually in functions.php)
    #2 By a custom post type plugin
    #3 By another plugin, such as Events Manager, or WooCommerce, and many others
    #4 By a custom plugin made for you by a developer for your site

Which of these is it?

If it is #1, can you show me the part of the code that makes that custom post type? Please post any code here inside code ticks (one before the code, one after)? On my UK Windows keyboard, the code tick key is next to the 1 key in the standard part of the keyboard. If you do this Google search and look at the images, they show various keyboards and where the key is located:

https://www.google.com/search?q=back+tick+code+key

samdz

Hello,

Thank you for your response,
    Something missed,

I use CPT UI and your plugin, I’ve added ‘product’ as CPT, I’ve added a filter ‘taxonomy 1: brand, and taxonomyy2: Categorie. I followed the instruction it worked, the filter works fine.

* I checked ‘product'(without woo-commerce, is it correct?) in the general tab.
    * And ‘custom post type’ in the display result.

Taxonomy worked but But the search field didn’t work, It shows a 404 page

I use templatetoaster theme (parent)

I tried to create archive-product.php and single-product.php but the website use single.php and archive.php.

I’ve added any code in the theme and function.php .. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you or your help,

Best regards.
    Sam

Trevor Moderator

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Can you suggest a search for me to do to see the problem (or make a video to show me)?

samdz
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

For me, it all seems to work. The page you give shows 6 results, and if I change the search, that works too?

samdz

The problem is in the search field (custom search), not the taxonomies search

Trevor Moderator
    samdz
    Trevor Moderator

I think this is the solution for you. Our plugin does not directly allow you to do text searches of individual Post Meta (custom fields) and Taxonomy (Category, Tags and Taxonomies) data/terms. The Search & Filter Pro Text Search field uses the standard WordPress search, so looks only in the Post Title and Content. To help you control this better, on the formโ€™s Advanced settings tab you will see 2 settings for Relevanssi.

The documentation for this is here:

https://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/3rd-party/relevanssi/

You would need to install and activate the free Relevanssi plugin as well.

Then set Relevanssi up and build its index (make sure it is indexing the desired post types, custom fields AND any taxonomy that you want to search).

This solution might also be needed if your theme is changing how the WordPress text search works.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Enable has_archive’ is closed to new replies.