Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Elementor integration plugin

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Nigel Hancock

Hi, A big thank you for the Elementor integration. I’ve installed and configured and all works well except if I try to use AJAX. If I turn on AJAX the page loads ok but any attempt to search or filter breaks the browser (Chrome) to a point where I have to kill the browser pages. This is using an Elementor Custom Skin loop – I’ve not tried it yet using a regular Elementor post archive. Any suggestions or is it a bug?

Thanks in advance.

Ross Moderator

Hi Nigel

As we’ve just released the plugin, there are bound to be a few issues, but I don’t think anything so strange should be happening!

To help isolate the issue (and if it is the custom skin), can you test with any of the built in Elementor widgets, without using custom skins?

In an ideal world, if you could provide links to a broken page (with custom skin) and one to a working page (with default elementor widget) and I’ll roll up my sleeves and get debugging 🙂

Thanks

Nigel Hancock

Hi Ross,

Yes I realise it’s new 🙂 Thanks for the quick response, I’ll do a bit more fault finding later and if I can trace the cause, I’ll make a little video demonstrating the issue.

Nigel Hancock

ok Ross so, it turns out it’s a conflict with the plugin called “OoohBoi Smarter Menus” so, maybe not your fault 😉 https://gumroad.com/ooohboi#CEofC

Ross Moderator

Hi Nigel

Thanks for the update.

So to clarify whats happening:

1) When using that plugin on its own, there are no issues.
    2) When using S&F + Elementor Extension, there are no issues
    3) When using all together, there are only issues when performing an Ajax request

Is that correct?

When we complete our ajax request, we tell Elementor to “re-init” the page layout javascript – which might be whats triggering this.

Thanks

Nigel Hancock

That’s exactly right Ross, I tried to trap it in Console but failed. Looking at the behaviour though, I’d say it probably is the ‘re-init’ … If you want to have a look at the effect, I’ll leave it in a broken state and send you the URL in private message.

Nigel Hancock
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Ah yeah, I can see it…

I’m going to have to figure out a way to only re-init the frontend for a posts widget only – I’m not even sure thats possible though as I’ve already looked long and hard through github and the docs.

I will hopefully dive in again later on today and update.

Thanks

Nigel Hancock
    Ross Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.