Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Dropdown Select2 Style

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Clad

Hello, I’m using select2 and i would like to have a sliding dropdown, this is an example https://www.w3schools.com/howto/tryit.asp?filename=tryhow_js_accordion
    Basically I would like all menu items to be visible when you click on an item and not to cover the entire container.
    How can I get this?

Trevor Moderator

I am sorry, I am not sure how you would apply this to a form select (dropdown) control. Do you have an example of such a form control that uses Select2?

Clad
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

I think I understand. What you want is, when the select opens, for it not to overlap the fields below, but instead for them to move down. The issue is, that the dropdown list is positioned using CSS positioning and z-index, so will always sit above the content.

I do not know of any way to do as you ask, sorry.

Clad

in the “select2” documentation I found this that should be right for me, but I don’t understand how to implement this
    https://select2.org/advanced/default-adapters/dropdown

Trevor Moderator
    Ross Moderator

Hi Clad

I’m not sure what you are asking for is possible, we don’t supply any kind of filter to modify the select 2 options.

In regards to your initial request though, I think I may have a viable solution…

Why not add a heading to each of your fields, and use these headings as the accodian headings, and this should work with any field type?

Our HTML structure will support this.

Let me know if thats what you’re after and I’ll see if I can dig out some JavaScript.

Thanks

Clad

yes Ross, thank you very much! that’s exactly what I’m looking for !!

Clad

this would be perfect if it worked with the “checkbox” fields

Clad
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.