Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Double search in one page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Leonidas Carellis

Hello Guys,

So a quick background reminder.

My website is https://shipping.careers/shop/ and a few months ago we had a discussion with Trevor on how we can manage to have two search filters in one page. Specifically, I am using woocommerce shop to show job ads instead of showing physical products (actually my products are the job ads). In that respect, I have two main categories 1) shore careers 2) sea careers, where the user by pressing on them will take them to the corresponding results page. Here comes the tricky part. When the user chooses one of the two criteria (taxonomy for product category and product tags) that filter the results, the second drop down does not alter automatically in order to show the corresponding taxonomy that has results.

An example:

1) Navigating to: https://shipping.careers/shop/
    2) Clicking ” I want to work ashore”
    3) Choose from drop down “Choose your country” – Cyprus
    4) It will display “Test product” but on the second taxonomy drop down it will show apart from the corresponding tag “Test” all the rest tags from other categories and therefore confusing the user that there could be potentially job listings with other tags.

Is there a way we can fix this?

Let me know your ideas!

Thanks

Leonidas

Trevor Moderator

I do not see the ‘I want to work ashore’ option or link on that page?

From what I can see, you need our auto hide feature.

In the form settings, you would get the fields to dynamically change options based on choices made. To do this, on the General settings tab:

Set Auto Count (both settings) to ON

And then in the Form UI:

In each field set Hide Empty to ON

Leonidas Carellis

Hello Trevor,

It’s the Green image on the right side of the results pane (next to the blue one).

Leonidas

Trevor Moderator

I do not see shore careers in the list of categories?

Leonidas Carellis

Hi Trevor,

So please check a print screen I made:

https://ibb.co/gaOoZf

There you can see the arrow showing where to click – i.e. Where one of the two big categories are. The green namely are the shore careers and the blue are the sea careers.

Thanks

Leonidas

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Leonidas Carellis

Hi trevor,

I did not put it there on the dropdown. THe way i have made it on the website is that you click on one of the two categories and then (blue and green icons) and then in the dropdowns are the subcategories. These two big main categories are mutually exclusive so I have on the drop downs only the different sub categories.
    That’s why you don’t see them there.

Leonidas

Trevor Moderator

Ah, but our plugin needs them there (even if hidden), to be able to auto detect which category it is in.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.