Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Don't show password-protected posts in search results?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Clare Crawford

Hello, I’m looking for a way to exclude password-protected posts from showing up in search results. This is for the standard WP password protection feature. I don’t see the option in the Posts or Post Meta tabs. Is this possible? Thanks.

Trevor Moderator

Such posts are showing in the results? I am not sure that they should be. Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look? Give me a search I can do and let me know which post in the results is password protected?

Clare Crawford

Unfortunately as the site is in development and behind our firewall, you can’t access it. I took a screenshot of the search results, though, and I can send it to you if you let me know the best way to do that. The posts are public (custom post type) but password-protected. Thanks.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Clare Crawford
    Trevor Moderator
    Clare Crawford

Thanks. I send you a screenshot, but if it’s helpful I can initiate a call. I am in East Coast US time — not sure if it’s too late in the UK.

Trevor Moderator

I think you will need to use this filter (the code goes in to your child theme functions.php file):

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/action-filter-reference/#edit-query-arguments

Like this:

function exclude_password_protected_posts( $query_args, $sfid ) {
    	if($sfid==225)
    	{
    		$query_args['has_password'] = FALSE;
    	}
    	return $query_args;
    }
    add_filter( 'sf_edit_query_args', 'exclude_password_protected_posts', 20, 2 );

where you need to change the ID number (in the example it is 225, so use the ID number of your form).

Clare Crawford

That did the trick. Thanks so much.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Don't show password-protected posts in search results?’ is closed to new replies.