Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Divi Shop Module Won’t Update with Form

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Rick Warda
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator
    Rick Warda
    Ross Moderator

Hi Rick you can fire away here, and myself or Trevor will get back to you

Rick Warda

Great, thank you!

As you can see, we are using your plugin for an eCommerce store. We’ve tried a lot of plugins for searching and filtering, and this one seems to be the most flexible and gets the best results so far. However, we plan to include a global search bar that shows a list of product and taxonomy suggestions with thumbnails as you type, and Search & Filter Pro obviously doesn’t have this feature out of the box. We looked at some great plugins that did almost everything we wanted, but the search results were not filterable by S&F.

You can see this feature here and here.

We would also like to have our store’s filter criteria update dynamically based on which products are available to be filtered down further. For example, you have a store that sells phones and phone accessories, and when you filter down to the accessory category, it doesn’t show the attribute for operating system or storage capacity anymore, only fields relevant to what is being shown. If you filter further, for example for phone cases, it will again only show filter options for phone cases, such as which model it’s built for, etc. This functionality would probably work by detecting what taxonomies and attributes are present in the product page as it’s being filtered, and update the filter form to reflect this.

A great example of this can be found here. If you add some filter criteria on the left, you can see that it limits them only to what is in the products on the right, in a dynamic way. Even the price range is updated based on what’s being shown.

So, I would like to know:

1. Are you planning on adding this kind of functionality to Search & Filter Pro?
    2. If not, are you aware of any search plugins that can add this functionality and still be compatible with your plugin?

Thanks again, your support has been great so far, and I would appreciate any answers on the above. We would like to keep using this plugin because of the excellent Divi integration, and it would be great if we can keep using it and still get these features, which are fairly necessary in a proper modern eCommerce store.

Trevor Moderator

So, I would like to know:

1. Are you planning on adding this kind of functionality to Search & Filter Pro?
    2. If not, are you aware of any search plugins that can add this functionality and still be compatible with your plugin?

I believe both are feature requests that are on our radar for V3. I would estimate that V3 Pro addon is over a month away; we’re trying to finish V3 Free (which, in V3 forms the core on which V3 Pro builds) at the moment – which I think is about a week away (provided we don’t get pulled on other projects – after we get Free done, we will have a much better idea of how long is left before V3 Pro addon will take to finish).

To my knowledge, there are no plugins out there that can add this to S&F at this time.

Rick Warda

Thank you, that’s good to hear! It sounds like V3 should fit our purposes very well. Thanks for the help, and I’m definitely staying tuned for the next release.

Trevor Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Divi Shop Module Won’t Update with Form’ is closed to new replies.