Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Displaying posts that have two tags (XX and XX relationship)

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yoran Heij

I might be completely overlooking something, but I can’t seem to figure out how to display posts that have two (or more) defined tags.

Profile 1: tag1
    Profile 2: tag2
    Profile 3: tag1 & tag2

I want to show only results like Profile 3, is there a way to do this while using shortcodes?

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

What you want to do is add a query condition so that only posts with both tags are returned? I think you may need to use this filter:

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/action-filter-reference/#edit-query-arguments

Yoran Heij
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Yoran Heij

Regarding the suggestion, unfortunately this doesn’t tell me much. Coding isn’t my strong suit, so I’m not too sure how to adapt & implement this to my situation.

I make a search form which displays results with Tag1, then adapt this code so that it checkes the results for tag2, and if they have tag2 it gets displayed?

Trevor Moderator

It would require coding. The code i much the same as normal wp_query code, but I have no snippets to share with you.

Are they standard ‘tags’ from WordPress, or a custom taxonomy, and are you searching normal WordPress ‘Posts’ or a Custom Post Type?

I can probably find a snippet on the Stack Exchange (WordPress) site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.